Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

4-Hour Outpatient Ketamine Treatments

Hello Followers:

Allison is currently having three 4-hour ketamine treatments this week in Dover, NH at Wentworth Douglas Hospital on February 24-26.  These 4-hour treatments give Allison just enough "relief" to get her through the week.  These treatments will continue even after the 5 day procedure that act as "boosters" to keep her RSD pain level at a minimum to no pain and tolerable level.

Allison has a scheduled appointment on March 22, 2010 in New York City to have an EKG along with some other testing as a requirement prior to the 5 Day Ketamine Treatment. We will keep everyone updated on this trip.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your story and couldn't believe what I read. I have suffered from RSD since 2006 from my leg being pinned in a vehicle door. I was in a wheel chair for 19 months and went through all different treatments until I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in my spine and now I can walk but still suffer everyday with this disorder. Please know my Thoughts are with you all as this was a disorder I had never even heard of and have tried to get as much info and research that I can. God Bless You All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. We have done anything and everything since 1995. Ketamine seems to be the only thing that works these days and even with just the "booster" treatments she gets every 8-10 weeks, only bring the pain levels down for a short period of time. The 5 Day Ketamine Infusion has shown great results and is definitely worth the risks involved. When someone is in constant agony, they will do just about anything. Good luck in your battle with RSD. In Hope, Greg (Husband of Allison, Fighter of RSD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I also suffer from this horrible disease. I had my first Ketamine infusion outpatient and it worked real good. I was in remission. no pain..until I had a hysterectomy. then I had to go in for a 5 day treatment, after that I was in remission again, until I had a kidney stone..now Im waiting to get to the pain clinic to get more ketamines. The pain is awful but I have to be strong and wait for the appointments for the ketamines. I wish the best for everyone..I swear on the Ketamine treatments, they work ever so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you have found some relief. What dr. did you see? So confusing since so many different protocols are followed. Wishing you relief and so sorry for the obstacles you have had to face.

      Delete